I think I have my new favorite game. My mom hates meal planning and came up with an idea to make it easier. This is what we do. We have 4 bags, one labeled “Proteins” with slips of paper that say: Bacon, Beans, Beef, Chicken, Cheese, Eggs, Fish, Lamb and Turkey . A second bag labeled “Ethnicities” with slips of paper that say: American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, French, Irish, Italian, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Russian, Scandinavian and Scottish. A third bag labeled “Formats” with slips of paper that say: Barbeque, Burger, Kebabs, Muffin, Pasta, Pie, Salad, Sandwich, Soup, Stir-fry and Taco. A fourth bag labeled “Sides” with slips of paper that say: Asparagus, Beets, Bread, Broccoli, Carrots, Potatoes, Rice, Salad, and Veggies & Dip.
We then draw 1 slip from each bag, put them together and… voila! We have one of our meals for the week! Here are the ones that we came up with in two rounds:
- Moroccan bacon stir fry with potatoes
- Canadian egg pasta with carrots
- Scandinavian Bean Sandwich with Asparagus
- American Beef Salad with beets
- Scottish fish taco with rice
- Irish Turkey pie with salad
- Italian Lamb burger with broccoli
- Asian Cheese soup with bread
- French Chicken muffin with veggies and dip
- Scottish Bean Sandwich with veggies and dip
- Middle Eastern Bacon Barbeque with rice
- French Beef Pie with beets
- Mexican cheese soup with bread
- Australian turkey tacos with potatoes
- Italian chicken salad with broccoli
- Scandinavian Fish Kebabs with carrots
- Canadian Lamb pasta with asparagus
- Russian Egg Burger with fruit
Which one is your favorite? Do you have one to share? Please comment!
Hope you enjoyed!
4 thoughts on “Overly Exotic Meal Plan”
I like mexican cheese bread!
This is such a cool idea 🙂
I like middle Eastern bacon barbeque with rice
Glad you like it! Yeah, that was one of the only ones that actually made sense. 😉
I love it! You’re so creative! For the ones that might not make sense, you get to make something up and call it your own creation. 🙂