This post is going to be a little jam-packed because I have a lot I want to put up, but keep in mind that it’s all in the name of sharing a good day.
I don’t usually post about my life, but this is sort of an exception. I have pictures, a song, a good book and many happy rambles to share.
Usually, Fridays are some of the more stressful days of the week. We keep Shabbat on the 7th day of the week, Saturday, so we do our baking and cleaning stuff on Friday.
But, this Friday was the best day of the week so far, in my opinion. I shall try and be organized in my excuses for unreasonable, rainy-day joy
- I got to help pick blackberries for pie.
2. I got a new haircut and my curly hair is super springy and fun to play with. Having curly hair isn’t always awesome, but after a good haircut is about as awesome as it gets.
3. IT’S RAINING! Rain actually tempts me to go outside more than sun, most of the time. And I got plenty of excuses to go outside.
4. We got to bake a whole bunch of stuff.
5. I finished a really good mystery book by Josephine Tey, and figured out the solution at the same time as the main character (book review pending on this one). So I have that wonderful feeling after finishing a great book, plus the feeling that I’m smart. 😉 And I looked on the library site… there are 4 more books starring Alan Grant! I’ve already read 2, and they’re great. So, I ordered those and I’m excited about that. 😀
6. I love my family. A lot. ❤
7. Tomorrow is Shabbat! Which means we get to sleep in as late as we can, eat goodies and see friends. 😀 Shabbat Shalom, guys!
Okay, so now my other things.
Pictures, all taken today:
Black and white blackberries. 🙂
Our chimney, with smoke coming out of it for the first time in a while.
Raindrops cling to grass in the coolest ways. 🙂
One of the many old barns around
My parent’s bedroom window with books on the sill.
Challah and our abundance of goodies.
My awesome new book I finished today. And I got it off a “free books” shelf in the library! How good does it get? 😉
Cozy fireplace. 🙂
And a song I was listening to out in the rain. The combination of the two for some reason just made me really happy. I was smiling really big all my way out to get the bucket out of our cow’s field. And getting buckets isn’t something awesome, so I think it was the music and the rain. 🙂
If it isn’t already obvious, I’m in a ridiculously good mood.
Anyway, if you got all the way through that, thanks for putting up with my happiness and inordinate amount of smileys.
Hope you had as great a day as I did! And if not, I hope I was able to brighten your day. 🙂