Today seems like a good day for a couple of Liebsters.
It’s been a while since I’ve had a long, gif-filled post of answering random questions.
Here we are.
I have been nominated, not once, but twice by my lovely followers. ❤
So we have a lot of questions here, plus the rules to go over and people to nominate… all that.
Let’s get into it!
- Acknowledge the blogger(s) who nominated you for this award. (Thank you Evelyn and Kinsey! You guys are awesome <3)
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
- What is the one book that you would feel the least guilty about burning into ashes?
Dead End, of the Red Rock Mysteries. That was a disgraceful end to an otherwise wonderful series and I hate it very much.
- What is an occupation that you would despise having? One you would love?
Well, I can’t say I’d really love being a garbage man/woman. xD And I’d really love to be a park ranger.
- How many books are on your bookshelf? (Yes, I just asked you. Muahaha. ;))
Mwahaha I actually don’t keep a ton of books in my room.
Tallied up all my books, along with all my empty notebooks + sketchbook that is on my shelf, I have 56.
… okay so that is kind of a lot but it wasn’t super hard to count them.
- Where in the world would your dream home be?
I’ve had this one in mind for a while. 😛
I mean seriously, just look at it.
- What was the most interesting thing you learned today?
Well it’s the morning of a pretty un-busy Sunday and I’m still in my pajamas, so let’s see.
I’d say it’s probably that people can actually make frosting on cakes look like crocheted yarn. It’s pretty rad.
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve ever written and why?
Probably the one making fun of the first books I wrote and illustrated when I was little. That was so much fun to write. (you can find that HERE)
Also I do owe a lot to the first post that started off all the Blank Mastermind madness. xD
- What genre do you see yourself never writing in and why?
Because it kind of combines two of my least favorite genres to think about writing in: romance and horror.
- What is one subject you wouldn’t mind teaching at a school?
I have a feeling an art class would actually be kind of fun. I mean, creative writing too, I guess. But I’d mostly rather kids did that on their own if they really want to.
- How would you feel if you were randomly willed an upside down house from an great aunt you didn’t know you had?
- What fictional character do you feel like meeting right now?
I could really overthink this because there are a ton of characters I would love to meet.
So, I’ll just go with the first one that popped into my mind: Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles.
He’d be fun.
Maybe I’d get a ride on the Rampion.
(Though if I can do my own characters: Wolfgang)
- What do you want to ultimately be remembered for?
Oof, that’s a heavy one after all these other ones.
On the most basic level I want to be remembered as a good, kind person who did the right things and helped people. It’d be pretty cool if I’m remembered for writing some life-changing stories as well.
aaand that brings us to…
- What is something your family does that you’re pretty sure other families don’t do?
Pfft, just one?
Probably the most distinctive thing that I know no one else does is randomly celebrate every time the clock changes to 10:40, AM or PM.
It’s a time called “Ohoi”, because that’s what it looks like it says when you’re looking at a digital clock upside down.
- What is your favorite animal? (can be real or imaginary)
- What has been your most pump-up song in 2019?
I’m… feeling old because I don’t know what that means.
I’m going to deduce it’s just a song I’ve been excited about/played a lot and go from that.
And it’s probably Grow as We Go by Ben Platt.
Close second goes to a bunch of Lord Huron songs.
- Coffee or tea? (additionally, what do you put in them, if anything?)
Personally, I prefer coffee, even though the caffeine has a bad habit of giving me stomachaches.
Yet I persist.
Anyway, for my favorite, I like making iced coffee and putting cream and maple syrup in it. ❤
- Favorite quote/saying that you say often?
There’s a cycle of random movie and book quotes I use on a regular basis.
But as far as a saying that I say a lot, it’s probably “great minds think alike.”
Mostly to cleverly duck out of situations where I thought to do something at the same time someone else did.
- What do you do to destress?
Pretend the stress doesn’t exist and keep doing everything I normally would.
It’s a remarkable solution.
- Are you organized?
To a degree. xD
I go through and reorganize things on a fairly regular basis, but I dunno. I have some clutter that builds up and I have to remind myself that just because I know where everything is doesn’t mean that it’s clean/looks nice.
- What is your favorite other language to listen to/find words in?
I look up words in Hebrew a lot just for Bible things.
As far as listening to, Icelandic is super cool.
- What’s your current favorite TV show?
Well my family just started watching Leverage and that’s pretty awesome, so let’s go with that for my current favorite.
- Favorite outdoor activity?
Either hiking or sledding.
Sledding is more of a rare privilege, but I’ll hike any time.
- Favorite indoor activity?
Probably… writing? I mean that’s an indoor activity.
eleven random facts about me
(you’d think I’d have done the Liebster enough by now to remember this part but nope I completely spaced on it.)
- I collect four things, officially. Postcards, coins, feathers and seaglass.
- I’ve been to both oceans and prefer the Pacific.
- I used to have a typewriter and made little family newspapers.
- I consider myself a paracord craftswoman. But I am currently out of paracord. -tragic-
- As of very recently, I own both a pocketwatch and an old fashioned spyglass.
- I retired the OYAN forum with the exact content count of 6,666 posts since joining in 2012. Yes, it was on purpose. And no, I didn’t notice until a few helpful newbies pointed out that if I posted fifteen more helpful posts I could retire with a very six-y number.
- I once won a giveaway for a book because I was the only person who entered. Booyah.
- I can do a pretty decent Scottish accent and an even more decent British one. Blame the BBC shows.
- Speaking of BBC shows, I’ve cosplayed both the Ninth Doctor and River Song.
- I have a weird typo habit of saying people tucked their hair behind their eyes.
- I can roller skate.
That’s all you guys are getting about me for today. xD
Now for the nominations!
- SprinkleSquink (my sister automatically gets nominated for everything)
- Elijah K (as does my adopted son)
- A Tangled Yarn
- Two Roads Diverged In Yellow Wood
- Merie Shen
- Julia Witmer
- Books by SR
- The Folded World
As well as just anyone who thinks this would be fun and wants to snag it. 😉
So, now for my questions.
- Which fictional characters do you think you’re most similar to?
- Tell me about a very vague story idea you have
- A movie that really surprised you with how good it was?
- A popular thing you hate?
- A popular thing you like?
- Last song you played on repeat?
- Three good things about your week so far?
- First fictional couple that comes to mind, GO.
- A weird animal you’d like as a pet?
- Sum yourself up in one gif.
- Tell me a story of one time you had ninja reflexes.
Hope you guys enjoyed the fun randomness for today!
Have a great Sunday. ❤