I’ve been advised that I don’t actually need to make a dramatic apology/explanation post as I make my return. But here I am regardless, being dramatic.
Hello everyone! It’s been forever! I’ve missed you all a lot, and had no intention of taking such a long hiatus. But I’m back now.
I’ve been more seriously wanting to start posting again, because I have things to post. And when I hopped on WordPress for the first time in Too Long, my first notification told me it’s been 8 years ago today that I made my home in this particular corner of the internet.
Rather a serendipitous notification, and a good indicator to follow my impulse and post something tonight.
A few exciting things that have happened in the while since I was gone:
- I got a car! It’s cool and blue and has stickers all over it.
- I finished my second draft of my time travel novel! Probably the longest novel project I’ve ever had to deal with, but at least it’s over with now.
- I now have a niece! She is incredibly cute.
- I collect vinyl records with my brother now! Unexpected but pretty fun development
- Honestly I’m blanking now, but all those things still feel like a lot to me.
I’m still at the same job and still in the same house (thank goodness), I still take pictures and cook and walk my dog all over the place. I still like Lost, etc. Have no fear, I’m the same person who left.
It’s been 8 years since I started the blog, 8 months since my last post, and I’m ready to boot up the shenanigans again. Good to be back.